1. Poirot, J.W., The civil engineering profession today and tomorrow. J. of Manag. in Engng., 2, 2, 71 -78 (1986).
2. Pauschke, J.M. and Ingraffea, A.R., Recent innovations in undergraduate civil engineering curriculums. J. of
Professional Issues in Engng. Educ. and Practice, ASCE, July, 123-133 (1996).
3. Nguyen, D.Q., The essential skills and attributes of an engineer: a comparative study of academics, industry
personnel and engineering students. Global J. of Engng. Educ., 2, 1, 65-76 (1998).
4. Dym, C.L., Learning engineering: design, languages and experiences. J. of Engng. Educ., 88, 2, 145-148 (1999).
5. Meyer, M.D. and Jacobs, L.J., A civil engineering curriculum for the future: the Georgia Tech case. J. of
Professional Issues in Engng. Educ. and Practice, ASCE, April, 74-78 (2000).
6. Galloway, P.D., The 21st-Century Engineer: A proposal for Engineering Education Reform. The American
Society of Civil Engineers, ASCE Press (2008).
7. Sheppard, S.D., Macatangay, K., Colby, A., Sullivan, W.M. and Shulman, L.S. (Foreword by), Educating
Engineers: Designing for the Future of the Field. San Francisco, CA, Jossey-Bass, 272 (2009).
8. Body of Knowledge Committee, Civil Engineering Body of Knowledge for the 21 st Century Preparing the Civil
Engineer for the Future. (1st Edn), ASCE (2004).
9. ABET, Engineering Accreditation Commission, Criteria for Accrediting Engineering Programs, Effective for
Evaluations During the 2011 -2012 Accreditation Cycle, 30 October (2010).
10. Prados J.W., Engineering education in the United States: past, present, and future. Proc. Inter. Conf. on Engng.
Educ., ICEE-1998, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1998).
11. Wankat, P. and Oreovicz, F., An over-stuffed curriculum. ASCE Prism, ProQuest Educ. Journals, October, 40
12. Cheah, C.Y.J., Chen, P. and Ting, S.K., Globalization challenges, legacies, and civil engineering curriculum
reform. J. ofProfessional Issues in Engng. Educ. and Practice, ASCE, April, 105-110 (2005).
13. Stanford University, New Civil Engineering Curriculum Features Core, Wet Side, and Dry Side (1991), 11
January 2012, http://news.stanford.edu/pr/91/910423Arc1419.html.
14. Cooper Union University, Highlights of the New Curriculum Proposal, Civil Engineering for the 21st Century
(2001), 11 January 2012, http://antipasto.union.edu/~ghalya/civil-history/elimination/CE-21st-century.htm.
15. Owino, J. and Foster, E., Revising a Civil Engineering Curriculum at University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
Presented at the ASEE 2001 Southeastern Section Meeting, April (2001).
16. Grigg, N.S., Criswell, M.E., Fontane, D.G., Saito, L., Siller, T.J. and Sunada, D.K., Integrated civil engineering
curriculum: five-year review. J. of Professional Issues in Engng. Educ. and Practice, 130, 3, 160-165 (2004).
17. Russell, J.S. and Stouffer, W.B., Survey of the National Civil Engineering Curriculum. J. of Professional Issues in
Engng. Educ. and Practice, 131, 2, 118-128 (2005).
18. Tsuji, M. and Nanni, A., Civil engineering undergraduate education in Japan: system overview. J. of Professional
Issues in Engng. Educ. and Practice, 120, 2, 135-144 (1994).
19. Angelides, D.C. and Loukogeorgaki, E., A strategic approach for supporting the future of civil engineering
education in Europe. European J. of Engng. Educ., 30, 1, 37-50 (2005).
20. Airey, D., Wilkinson, T. and Wood, G., Revising the civil engineering curriculum at the University of Sydney.
Proc. 2005 ASEE/AaeE 4th Global Colloquium on Engineering Education, Paper # 81 (2005).
21. Tabsh, S., Abdelfatah, A., AlHamaydeh, M. and Yehia, S., Comparison of civil engineering curricula in the Arab
Middle-East countries. 5th Inter. Forum on Engng. Educ. (IFEE2010) Engng. Educ. in the 21 st Century - Quality,
Globalization and Local Relevance, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, 23-25 November (2010).
22. Vesilind, P.A., What should we teach civil engineering students? J. of Professional Issues in Engng. Educ. and
Practice, 117, 3, 287-294 (1991).
23. Stephen, W., 2020: it’s sooner than you think. ASCE Prism, ProQuest Education Journals, January, 72 (2005).
24. Vest, C.M., Educating engineers for 2020 and beyond-engineering challenges. The Bridge, 36, 2 (2006).
25. Engardio, E., Educating Engineers for the New Market. Bloomberg Businessweek (2007), 11 January 2012,
26. Balderrama, A., What They Should Have Taught You in School (2010), 11 January 2012, http://msn.
27. Body of Knowledge Committee, Civil Engineering Body of Knowledge for the 21 st Century Preparing the Civil
Engineer for the Future. (2nd Edn), ASCE (2008).
28. Committee on Curricula and Accreditation, Commentary on the ABET Engineering Criteria for Civil and
Similarly Named Programs. Draft, ASCE, Version 3.4, 10 May (2007).
29. Steering Committee to Plan a Summit on the Future of the Civil Engineering Profession in 2025, The Vision for
the Civil Engineering in 2025, ASCE (2007).
30. ABET (2009), 26 September 2009, http://www.abet.org/AccredProgramSearch/AccreditationSearch.aspx.
31. Yehia, S., Al Satari, M., Abdelfatah, A. and Tabsh, S., Civil engineering curriculum development based on track
approach. ICERI2009, Madrid, Spain (2009).