1. Blumenfeld, P.C., Soloway, E., Marx, R.W., Krajcik, J.S., Guzdial, M. and Palincsar, A., Motivating project-based
learning: sustaining the doing, supporting the learning. Educational Psychologist, 26, 3, 369-398 (1991).
2. Dym, C.L., Agogino, A.M., Eris, O., Frey, D.D. and Leifer, L.J., Engineering design thinking, teaching, and
learning. J. of Engng. Educ., 94, 1, 103-120 (2005).
3. Atman, C.J., Adams, R.S., Cardella, M.E., Turns, J., Mosborq, S. and Sallem, J., Engineering design processes: a
comparison of student and expert practitioners. J. of Engng. Educ., 96, 4, 359-379 (2007).
4. Hsu, Y.L. and Yo, C.Y., The problem-solving approach for the fundamental hands-on practice courses in
mechanical engineering education. J. of the Chinese Society of Mechanical Engineers, 24, 5, 517-524 (2003).
5. Wales, C.E., Stagers, R.A. and Long, T.R., Guided Engineering Design. St. Paul, MN: West Publishing Company
6. Carr, S.D., Herman, E.D., Keldsen, S.Z., Miller, J.G. and Wakefield, P.A., The Team Learning Assistant
Workbook. N.Y.: McGraw Hill (2005).
7. Rafiq, Y., Peer assessment of group projects in civil engineering. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Educ., 21 , 1,
8. van Hattum-Janssen, N., Explicitness of criteria in peer assessment processes for first-year engineering students.
European J. of Engng. Educ., 31 , 6, 683-691 (2006).
9. O'Moore, L.M., Peer Assessment Learning Sessions (PALS): an innovative feedback technique for large
engineering classes. European J. of Engng. Educ., 32, 1, 43-55 (2007).
10. Boydell, D., The use of peer group review in the assessment of project work in higher education. Mentoring &
Tutoring: Partnership in Learning, 12, 2, 45-52 (1994).
11. Hersam, M.C., Luna, M. and Light, G., Implementation of interdisciplinary group learning and peer assessment in
a nanotechnology engineering course. J ofEngng. Educ., 93, 1, 49-57 (2004).
12. Poona, W. Y., McNaughtb, C., Lamb, P. and Kwanc, H.S., Improving assessment methods in university science
education with negotiated self- and peer-assessment. Assessment in Educ.: Principles, Policy & Practice, 16, 3,
331 -346 (2009).
13. William, B.C., He, B.B., Elqer, D.F. and Schemacher, B.E., Peer evaluation as a motivator for improved team
performance in Bio/Ag engineering design classes. Engng. Educ., 23, 4, 698-704 (2007).
14. Sluijsmans, D.M.A., Brand-Gruwel, S. and van Merriënboer, J.J.G., Peer assessment training in teacher education:
effects on performance and perceptions. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Educ., 27, 5, 443-454 (2002).
15. Sluijsmans, D.M.A., Brand-Gruwel, S., van Merriënboer, J.J.G. and Bastiaens, T.J., The training of peer
assessment skills to promote the development of reflection skills in teacher education. Studies in Educational
Evaluation, 29, 1, 23-42 (2003).
16. Schönrock-Adema, J., Heijne-Penninga, M., Van Duijn, M.A.J., Geertsma, J. and Cohen-Schotanus, J.,
Assessment of professional behaviour in undergraduate medical education: peer assessment enhances performance.
Medical Educ., 41 , 836-842 (2007).
17. Ladyshewsky, R. and Gotjamanos, E., Communication skill development in health professional education: the use
of standardised patients in combination with a peer assessment strategy. J. of Allied Health, 26, 4, 177-1 86 (1997).
18. Kelmar, J.H., Peer assessment in graduate management education. Inter. J. of Educational Manag., 7, 2, 4-7,
19. Falchikov N. and Goldfinch, J., Student peer assessment in higher education: a meta-analysis comparing peer and
teacher marks. Review ofEducational Research. 70, 3, 287-322 (2000).